At Center For Sight we appreciate and value the opportunity to assist you in this life changing journey. We are pleased to offer you the most customized treatments available in vision correction today. Our goal is to help you achieve your best possible vision while making your experience as comfortable and as convenient as possible. Having vision correction surgery is an exciting event and we are excited to be a part of it!
LASIK has become one of the most common elective surgical procedures in the United States. The surgery is painless, and it eliminates or reduces your dependency on eyeglasses or contact lenses to see objects clearly. Patients are usually able to see dramatically better within 12 to 24 hours after their LASIK procedure.
Center for Sight is proud to offer Custom IntraLase LASIK, PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy), and other refractive procedures for our patients. Our refractive surgeons, Dr. Noaman Sanni and Dr. Debra Koloms have over 25 years of combined experience performing refractive surgery and have performed thousands of refractive surgeries.
What is IntraLase LASIK?
IntraLase LASIK is a state of the art procedure in which an excimer laser is used to reshape the cornea to correct many types of refractive errors. IntraLase LASIK is used to correct people who are nearsighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism. During the procedure the doctor will make a thin flap on your cornea using a laser. The flap is folded over and the laser is then preformed. The flap is then replaced back in its original position where it sticks down with out the need for any sutures.
PRK (Photorefractive Keratectomy)
PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) is a type of refractive surgery to correct myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness) and astigmatism.
PRK was the first type of laser eye surgery for vision correction and is the predecessor to the popular LASIK procedure. Though PRK recovery takes a bit longer than recovery from LASIK eye surgery, PRK is still commonly performed and offers advantages over LASIK for some patients.
Like LASIK and other types of laser eye surgery, PRK works by reshaping the cornea using an excimer laser, allowing light entering the eye to be properly focused onto the retina for clear vision.
Talk with you Center for Sight physician about which procedure is best for you.
Center for Sight is proud to be offering Custom IntraLase Lasik to our patients. Just like fingerprints are unique to an individual so are their eyes. With custom Wave scan technology individualized laser correction can be obtained to correct the individual’s unique imperfections in their vision. Wave scan technology was originally developed to reduce distortions in high powered telescopes.
How the IntraLase Method Works
IntraLase technology allows our surgeons to custom program the dimensions of your corneal flap based on the unique measurements of your eyes. The IntraLase laser creates the flap from below the surface of the cornea—without ever cutting it.
- Ultra–fast pulses of laser light position microscopic bubbles at a precise depth in the corneal tissue as determined by your surgeon.
- The laser light passes back and forth through the tissue, creating rows of tiny bubbles in a uniform plane just beneath the corneal surface.
- The IntraLase laser then stacks bubbles in a circular pattern to create the edges of your flap. These bubbles are stacked at a particular angle that is determined by your doctor and is personalized to the way your eye is shaped.
- The entire process of making the corneal flap takes approximately 30 seconds from start to finish.
- After your surgeon gently lifts the flap and performs the reshaping with the excimer laser, the flap gets folded back down into position and begins healing immediately.
Due to the superior accuracy of the IntraLase method, certain patients who were ineligible for LASIK in the past, may now be able to have treatment.
The Custom wave scanner:
- Measures imperfections in your eye 25 times more precisely than standard methods.
- Produces a detailed map of your eye as unique as your fingerprints.
- Generates digital information which is transferred directly to the laser used in your procedure, to provide a new level of precision and accuracy.
- Custom Intralase Lasik is available to patients with Myopia and Hyperopia with and without Astigmatism
Yes! I am ready to enjoy the benefits of LASIK!
Tanna, our lasik coordinator will accompany you from start to finish during your lasik procedure.
Licensed Optician for 21 years
Call Tanna today at 315-286-2721, to get started.
**Financing Options Available**